Today you will research Information Technology (IT) related career clusters. You need to create 3 SmartArt graphics to represent your research in a clear, concise and visually appealing manner.
For each position, you must gather information concerning
- Skills required
- Educational requirements
- Industry certifications needed
- Duties and/or Responsibilities
- Examples of companies
- Skills required:
- Salary: $64,970 per year $31.23 per hour
- Educational requirements: Typical Entry-Level Education Associate’s degree. Educational requirements for web developers vary with the setting they work in and the type of work they do. Requirements range from a high school diploma to a bachelor’s degree. An associate’s degree in web design or related field is the most common requirement.
- Industry certifications needed:
- Duties and/or Responsibilities: Web developers design and create websites. They are responsible for the look of the site. They are also responsible for the site’s technical aspects, such as its performance and capacity, which are measures of a website’s speed and how much traffic the site can handle. In addition, web developers may create content for the site.
Web developers typically do the following:
- Meet with clients or management to discuss the needs and design of a website
- Create and test applications for a website
- Write code for websites, using programming languages such as HTML or XML
- Work with other team members to determine what information the site will contain
- Work with graphics and other designers to determine the website’s layout
- Integrate graphics, audio, and video into the website
- Monitor website traffic
- Examples of companies:
Here is an example of what cutting and pasting looks like.