Our Marshmallow Reflections

HERE IS THE REMINDER MESSAGE THAT I SENT OUT EARLIER

1st: Leave a comment in the box re: marshmallow challenge https://msbisonline.edublogs.org/2015/08/14/our-marshmallow-reflections/
2nd: Give me your opinion.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iymo8SFgHcFGiTC-C-ZU4TdgFZf5o-PHVE_9LPJF3X8/viewform

wpid-PhotoGrid_1439518180751.jpg

Leave your comment in the comment/reply box below.

1. What worked and what didn’t work?
  2. How was it to work in these groups to get the work done?
  3. What did you learn about yourself?
  4. What did you learn about your classmates?
  5. What were the rules that I gave you?
  6. Did you assign roles to one another?
  7. Consider the teamwork that went into completing this task, what roles were needed?

Here are the directions for the Marshmallow Challenge.

8 Comments

on “Our Marshmallow Reflections
8 Comments on “Our Marshmallow Reflections
  1. I tried with one stick it didn’t not work,but five sticks it did.
    It was a challeng working and thinking bye your self at one point.
    But,what I realized that I’m creative at doing this I thought I couldnn do.
    My partners are also creative,active and some what lazy,
    One of the rules is you can’t pock no holes thur the marshmallow.
    But,one thing we didn’t donis ign rules to eachother.

2. My group did a good job because we atleast tried to work togethor.We had to work togethor to suceed in our assignment.I learned that working togethor you would finish faster and finish right.The rules the teacher gave was we had to build a tower with only 20 spagetti, a marshmello, a string, and tape.But with the marshmello we couldn’t stick the spagetti to it and the tower had to hold the marshmello.Every perdon had there own role in the assignment one was the supplier, the other was a manager and the last one is the thinker.

3. My group was using pieces of matirial o try and make a tall object with a marshmellow. The matirals we used where( 20 strings od unccoked noodles, a pink string, and tape. Niether of our ideas worked through out several attemps. The group i worked with was very fun and had alot of ideas. I learned wo things about myself while in this group. Im very aggressive and controlling. I learned that my group is very creative and have very bright imaginations. The ruled that where assing to me and my group where to create ( The tallest standing object ) and ballance it with amarshmelow on top. I know many of groups may have assingdpeople to do certain jobs mines didnt, we all shared ideas and worked togather. The next time we ever work as groups i think the roles should be { one planner, one thinker , one supplier , and one builder

4. The marshmallow took a long time to stick on the spaghetti , but the spaghetti worked good.We was talking a lot but we got our work done . I learned that I can accomplish anything I put my mind on . My classmates are fun people to work with and they get there work done. The rules were 20 noodles, tape,marshmallow and a piece of string . Yes I have assigned roles to my partner. The roles that were needed was stay on task , do your work .

5. Building the structure was ok and wirked but the marshmallow didn’t work. Work with the group was terrible. The group leader kept complaining the whole time while working. Also the builder had magor anger issues . So working together was hard. What I’ve learned from working in the group was to assign jobs to your team before you start. And always stay calm when things go wrong. What I learned about my classmates was to chocie wisely who you pick as your team. Build the structure in 18 minutes with string, tape and spaghetti.

6. My group did a good job because we worked together. We did not get it done but we did a good job. I’ve leaned that together you can get a lot done. I have learned how to work with other people. The roles in my group where manager, builder, supplier, and the last one thinks. Our assignment was to make the tallest building that holds a marshmallow with tape and spaghetti. Although we did not finish we did good.